Monday, October 11, 2010

Soaring

This past Saturday, the 9th was my birthday as some of you may already know. As a birthday gift I was given one Glider Introductory Flight. A glider is a plane with no engine, but can steer it's directions, and relies on thermals to lift the plane higher to make the flight longer. I loved this experience, it was wicked cool! I working my parents to let me take lessons and once I pass lessons I could get my license! During my flight I was given the basics on flying the plane, and actually flew it for awhile. Here are some photos:

Here my plane is about to be towed up into the air

I'm in the plane following. There is attaching the two planes and eventually I pulled the lever to release the rope.

At this point I'm probably flying the plane. I'm in the front seat.

This is a photo I took from up in the air. I could see Mt. Wachusett, Worcester, Boston, and more

2 comments:

  1. Wow!!! What an amazing adventure you had!!! What a great birthday gift!

    Have a great day!
    Cat Chat http://opcatchat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What say you and I go see that HUGE rubber band ball this weekend? And we may as well stop and see the world's largest rubber duck too, right?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bunch for commenting on my blog! PLEASE follow, I know you won't regret it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails