Saturday, September 4, 2010

First Week of School...:-/

I've got the magic in me, every time I touch that track it turns to gold,.......now everybody wants some presto magic, magic, magic, ma-ma-gic. It's true, yes, I really do, have magic in me. Well, some sort of magic. I will explain my plan to use this "magic" I possess later in this post. This week was the first of school, as you could probably tell if you read the title, and I'm assuming you did. There's only one phrase that would fit perfectly with my first week. That phrase is "One of the worst,..no, The Worse." Honestly I don't think my week could've gone worse at this point. This, is what happened:

Like every first-day-of-school morning I climb out of bed trying to fathom how this day came so quickly. I climb into my clothes set out for the first day, fix my bed head hair, and stumble on downstairs. Lunch already prepped all I have to do is eat breakfast. I woke up early this morning to make myself french toast, I mean like, who doesn't like french toast? I quickly finish cooking and manifest on my succulent, mouth-watering breakfast. The time slowly ticks onto the time for my descent to the bus stop. Mom alwasy has to take first day of school pictures, so she does that before I eventually make it down the driveway to the bus stop. Who do I see down there? A who gaggle of people! Yes, I know a gaggle is a group of geese but this time its for people, so chill. I counted a total of now 10 kids at our bus stop! It went from 3 to 4 people to 10! And there aren't just kids down there, all of the new sith grader's parents were down there. Like c'mon they're not babies anymore, leave! The parents proceeded to do this the whole week :-/. Down at the bus stop there's no more unicen. It's basically a whole cluster of people (mostly ignorant sixth graders) talking. I'm not saying stop talking, but if you could get in the line that is usually there, that would be nice. Now I'm already ticked off about that, when a couple of seventh and sixth graders decided to sit within reaching distance of the eighth grade section. The bus finally picks up it's final stop when I realize, I'm shoved up against the bus window, with grimey people breathing down my neck, and a depleating oxygen level. Our morning bus ride is too flipping big! Well by that I mean the load of kids is too big, because we have had the same route since I was in first grade with a few exceptions. Total I think the maximum amount of kids tallied this week in the morning on our bus was 75! Before reaching the hyperventilating point the bus rolls into the school driveway and we all rush off the bus with 30 pound bags gasping for air. Eventually I make my way into the physical school and up the stairs to my homeroom. No, wait, sorry that part was a lie. I actually entered the school through the gym doors and into the gym for an eighth grade initiation talk. After the assembly we all dilly-dallied to our homerooms and took in all of the "Heys!" "Oh my god! I haven't seen you in so longs" and more. After talking to many of my friends over the course of the week I managed to rack up a total of 5 new kids in our grade. There's Robert, Nick, Schwortzenborg, an Asian kid (not racist I don't know his name), and a boy with glasses. All with completely different personalities. I know this is going to sound really selfish of me, but I'm going to quickly bullet the rest of my week.

  • Was actually kicked out of my own lunch table, apparently shunned from it too.
  • Found out ALL of my friends were on the other team, except for a few.
  • All of my teachers are wicked nice.
  • Our school is still too cheap to buy us air conditioning
  • I chose my locker number: 662
  • Ran cross country all three days. Possibly going to be top runner at high school level, even though I'm in middle school
  • Heard about the complaints on the way back home on the bus that it was even more croweded
That's pretty much it. Honestly I have no idea where i was going with that "magic" thing. I was just listening to magic by B.O.B. ft. Rivers Cuomo and it inspired me to write a post. I'm tired and I'm climbing a mountain tomorrow. So,..good night, wait,...Buenos Noches!

    4 comments:

    1. hahaha you were shunned?

      ReplyDelete
    2. Shunned? Gasp! I have no idea whatsoever who could have ever been so cruel! On the way home from school on Wednesday I had to sit next to the creepy high schooler who sleeps on the bus. He wasn't much of a conversationalist. And who the heck is Schwortzenborg? Someone from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory?

      ReplyDelete
    3. im so glad i don't have to do the whole school thing anymore
      i used to hate the first day so much as well

      what's 8th grade/
      like how old?

      we have years in the uk

      ReplyDelete
    4. In the US we have grades K-12 or Kindergarten (age 5), 1st Grade (ages 6 and 7), 2nd Grade (ages 7 and 8), 3rd Grade (8 and 9), 4th Grade (9 and 10), 5th Grade (ages 10 and 11), 6th Grade (ages 11 and 12), 7th Grade (ages 12 and 13), 8th Grade (ages 13 and 14), the comes high school with freshmen (ages 14 and 15), sophomores (ages 15 and 16), juniors (ages 16 and 17), and seniors being (ages 17 and 18). Hope that clears things up! Any more questions just ask!

      ~JON
      lifeofakidnamedjon.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete

    Thanks a bunch for commenting on my blog! PLEASE follow, I know you won't regret it!

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts with Thumbnails