

This past Sunday the 26th a thunderstorm rolled through. Yet this was the first time that a thunderstorm marked red on the radar pasted through where I lived. It was kind of intimidating at first but I just thought to myself how bad could it be? But oh boy was I in for the strangest, heart pounding, nerve wracking experience. So I'm sitting on my couch on my computer and watching the show Ace of Cakes on Food Network. When the t-storms started to pass through. It was a few rumbles. Then out of nowhere,......KABAM!!! The LOUDEST thunder clap and lightning bolt you have EVER heard! Normally when you see lightning you count one Mississippi, etc. until you here the thunder and if you got below five it was less than a mile away but in this case you didn't have time to count it was at the same exact time. I jumped up faster than a jack rabbit being chased!!! My sister who at the time was sitting in our enclosed porch area inside is now in the back room with me and my dad's financee. Then my dad who is down in the basement darts up stairs to see if everyone is okay. Because at this point we are all freaking out especially my sis. So my dad checks around the house to see if anything is on fire. Everything is okay. There are a few more claps then you look outside and the rain is whipping I almost looks like it would hurt if you stood outside. Soon enough the storm is over, our TV and phone are out but not our lights weird enough. So we are sitting at our kitchen table and my sis' probably had the worst of the experience. She explains that she is on the couch in the front room/porch and all of a sudden there is this big ball of light in front of her and then just runs in the back with us. So knowing me I want to check outside. I find nothing. Then my dad's like let's go check outside so we are checking around and find nothing, but then I go and check all around the cars on the street and find this hole about the size of your fist on the road. It looks brand new because all the tar is crumbly and there are three good sized cracks coming from the little hole and all lead right to the same starting point. At that moment I realize that LIGHTNING hit literally right in front of my house!!! From on now when ever I hear thunder or see lightning I will think of this moment.

OH WOW. That lightning strike spot is pretty huge. Just be happy it didn't actually hit the house-- a bit of lightning once struck a huge old pine beside our house and a couple of days later, the tree fell right in front of the house and almost hit my brothers.
ReplyDeleteAnd thanks for the congratulations! :)