Monday, August 2, 2010

A Sense of Relief

Today, a day to remember...okay well not really, but certainly a spirit-lifting day at that. Today on my agenda, created by mom, was to go through and recycle my last year's school stuff. First I started with my, what seemed like, 5lb folder. The folder I had used, had now served for it's second year, going on it's soon to come third year. I took out the bulk and individually went through each paper until I was surrounded with two piles consisting of a 'recycle' pile and a 'save becasue it contains memories' pile. Not much was in the save pile which was good because it kept me farther from the point of calling myself a packrat. Next was my ELA binder and I started to remove the weight from the binder and recycled many, many papers. The process continued, adding more and more papers to both piles. Many papers later I got to my Science Notebook. Oh, I felt so good tearing each one of those used pages out. It was literally ripping all of the boring moments out of my head that happened in Science. Sorry Mr. B, but your class nearly killing my imagination and creativeness. Luckily I kept that alive with drawing/doodling in my notebook with friends (new and old ;-), haha). I felt a sense of relief tearing out each page and recycling the remains of what was Science 7th Grade. Then came math... Believe it or not I did have the most papers put into the save pile from Double D's class. Ohhh Double D, what memories I have in that class, and I'm glad to say I had a wicked fun and good year! After an hour of remembering the past, and removing the past, I finally put the jumble of papers in the recycle and retired the save pile to my room. What a a relieving day I had!

1 comment:

  1. Mom likes to look at all of my old papers. She's looked at all of my notebooks, and is almost finished reading my Math/Science binder. She still has the entire ELA/Geography one. I bet that in the end she'll just throw it away.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bunch for commenting on my blog! PLEASE follow, I know you won't regret it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails