Monday, August 23, 2010

Southeast Asia Water Festival Plus Some

Get this, I log onto my laptop and go to my blog. And what do I realize? I have to write a post! Yes, I have blown off the whole day. What a shame. Oh well, I suppose I should post about what I really came here to post about, not to ramble about my guilt. Well, on Saturday, as in the day two days ago, I went to a Southeast Asia Water Festival. Honestly, I have no idea really what was so 'watery' about it. Other than the river next to the festival, and the dragonboat races that took place in the river, there wasn't much water. So with my dad and sister we are driving along Vandenberg Esplanade in Lowell, MA and we are seeing cars everywhere, it's not looking good. Luckily we pull into a parking area and find a parking spot, a miracle in itself. We hop out of the car and meticulously cross the street, hop over the steel gurters, and cross over another street. We walk a little ways before hitting the initial wall of Southeast Asian culture. First walking in we see almost everyone with a drink in a white container. That container, a coconut, that drink, coconut water (liquid inside a coconut [coconut meat+ coconut water= coconut milk]). So I tell my dad I want one of those. Then snaps my sister 'I thought you didn't like coconut.' Well I do now! ......NEWS FLASH...... It's getting late and I need to wrap this whole excuse of a post up so here goes a pathetic summary of the rest of the day.

  • Got my coconut, plus one for dad
  • Tasted funky along with coconut meat
  • Threw them away
  • Got meat on a stick (wicked good)
  • Watched part of a Asian dance
  • Saw lots of Jesus reach outs in a Buddhist culture area
  • Got yummy shave ice with exotic fruit in bottom and sweetened condensed milk quirted on top. 
  • Turned around 
  • Went back to car
  • Went home
  • Left to go and get Emily (neighborly friend)
  • My dad, Lizzie, Emily and I all go to the Spinners game
  • Couldn't find row Z when the normal rows end at U
  • Too big for Swampland (pish posh)
  • Big Dig Ice-Cream
  • Front row seats (so front row that you aren't even allowed to stand up, for the fear of being hit.
  • Woman is hit with baseball by Swampland
  • Left game
  • Went to Cote's house
  • Man Hunt
  • Rejected by my age kids (all girls no boys)
  • Went home
  • Fell asleep
Well there you have it, the sum up of the rest of the day. I wish I could've written more, but sadly I don't have time on my side, and two I'm lazy! Yikes, 12 minutes to spare!

1 comment:

  1. We both have Greece in our interests and thats how I found you :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bunch for commenting on my blog! PLEASE follow, I know you won't regret it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails