Before I tell you of this incredible, almost too hard to believe, 110% true story that happened to me today, I want to say: if you're a sceptic, stop reading here. If you are a non-believer, stop here. If you are open to believing anything is possible, continue reading.
Today was nothing more than your typical, I-hate-school day. Tons of homework, and growing by the minute, stress up to your neck, pressure nipping at your legs,...you get it. Well, the day was growing older as the minutes shaped into hours, and math class [period 6 (out of 6)] rolls on in. I leisurely stroll on in to class, park it in my seat and flip open my math book and get my homework out. The one-o-clock sunlight's chatoyant, iridescent colors strewn threw the air found its place amongst the dirt and dust ridden schoolroom. Class time tick, by tick, by tick, by tick just reached the halfway mark. I believe we were learning about slope intercept form, and what to do with 2 coordinates, and how to fill in 'b.' This is where it gets weird. I'm just sitting there in my seat, in a sort of position leaning forward, but in a relaxed way, not in an involved way. I can't remember whether I was paying attention or I was dozing off. My hand was on my watch and I was fiddling around with the extra part of the strap, when BAM. All of a sudden my mind told me: Why am I wearing this watch? I'm not supposed to be wearing this. It's night time right now. As soon as that (literally) 2 second thought was over, I slipped out of the real world. I found myself back in my room at home. I was standing in front of my bureau staring at me, at my desk, at night. The details were so vivid. I couldn't see my face, my body (the one at the desk) was facing away from me. The light positioned next to my desk was on, just that light was on. The window shade to the right of my desk was closed. I was wearing my Red Sox, green, shamrock pajama bottoms and a blackish top (unsure if it was a sweatshirt or actual shirt). I stayed there (in my out-of-body experience), for a short while like 5-10 seconds. When this ended I could help but to tell the person next to me. I told them and their first reaction was: WHAT?! The second person had the same reaction. When math was over, I was glad. I wanted to be out of that room, as soon as possible. Something told me, and still is, that that doesn't happen to everyone, nor will it ever. Was it a sign? Was it supposed to tell me something? Am I psychic? Will this happen again? I am riddled with these unanswerable questions. All that I can say now is that was, and will probably be the weirdest thing that has ever happened to me.


Chatoyant was the word of the day yesterday! I get those now too!
ReplyDeleteAt least your math class was more lively than mine. All I do is pass notes and get evil glares from the teacher. :-(
You got me, Jonathan. I had to look up 'chatoyant'. Try to stay awake in class.
ReplyDelete