Has a whole year passed once again? Wow. You know what that means, a new Place of the Year must be appointed. After two long strenuous hours on Friday, a new winner rose up from the 52 past winners this year. However this year there are going to be two winners you see. This didn't happen last year for one specific reason, Australia is both a country and a continent. So now you know that the winner is not Australia once again, and that there is going to be a Country winner, and a Continent winner. I'll tell you right now that the Country winner is not in the continent that will be the Continent winner. Before I crown the winners, I would like to give a few statistics. Over the course of the year we had 52 different winners, from 47 different countries. We also had a couple of firsts this year. One being this is the first complete year of POTW, and the other being we had our first repeat winner. This was Bhutan, the country had it's first win in late June of 2009 I believe, and returned midway through 2010, being our first repeat winner. Now I'm sure your guys are sitting there, saying “Get on with it! Tell us the winners!” I will answer this cry, right now. We'll first announce the POTW: Continent Winner. I can tell you this continent was a mile ahead of everyone. In 7th place we have Australia/New Zealand with 2 wins, in 6th we have Oceania (taking the place of Antarctica) with 3 wins, in 5th place we have North America with 4 wins, in 4th place we have South America with 9 wins. And now to hold suspense and get your adrenaline pumping, the winner, of the POTW: Continent Winner position is,.....................Europe! With 14 wins Europe dominated the playing board. In 2nd and 3rd we have Asia, and Africa, both with 10 winners. Now, the winner of the POTW: Country Winner position came down to a tie, and was decided by fate. In the battle between N. America and S. America, the USA had 3 winners, and Chile had 3 winners. When fate was called on the chosen one was,...............................Chile!!! Congratulations to you on becoming the 2nd ever winner of the POTW: Country Winner! These two winners will forever be named 2010 Place of the YEAR Winners. Will they ever come back a snatch a win again? We'll have to see; come back next year for your next Place of the Year winners. Don't forget to come back next week for place and a new winner, to kick of the new year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks a bunch for commenting on my blog! PLEASE follow, I know you won't regret it!