Saturday, June 27, 2009

Camp: The Time of My Life

So as you all know because I told you on Sunday that I had Camp all this week. It was sooooo much fun!!! This was my sixth year returning. So I joined this camp when I was itty bitty. So I get there Monday morning for before care and I didn't know what to expect. To my surprise a lot of counselors had left and gone somewhere different. Like one of my all time favorite counselors Mike D. left and now is working somewhere else. And then another one of my all time favorite counselors Corey moved to Arizona to work at a camp of an Indian Reserve!!! She is so lucky! So when I get my counselor it was someone who had just joined last year his name was TJ. He was awesome. So all through out this week we did all our normal activities like boating, archery, swimming, free time, nurse, ropes, nature crafts, and a lot of other fun stuff. Boating was so much fun it's indescribable! The first time I went boating I went in a canoe with two people named JC and Joe. Not the right choice. They kept on rocking to boat! I hate that! So I forced them to turn around and to put me back on shore. From there went on a row boat with a lot of other people including my counselor. Much better, thank the lord. The second time we went boating I went into a canoe with two people named Tim and Matthew. Now I trusted both of them but I was a little woried about Matthew. So we get out on the lake and we are doing good except there are two problems, the minor one was Matthew he had no (NO) idea how to use the oar. The major problem. I was the strongest person there paddling. If I paddled on one side I would control the whole boat direction! Kind of crazy. Then Matthew kept on splashing me with the oar by misusing the oar, and I yelled at him because I had my phone with me. Archery was so much fun. One of the counselors had left years ago and returned this year and was the Archery teacher. It was nice to see him again. I didn't get any bulls eyes maybe another time. Swimming, oh swimming was the WORST!!! I hated it every minute! I didn't like the seaweed, the fish, and the fact I couldn't see beneath me (I have a fear called "bathophobia" which means you have a fear of depth, in my case deep water.). All the other activities were cool too. But one of the most fun times of camp was after care. Because these little twin five year olds were there. They were hilarious and fun to play with especially Eddie. He would play many things with me like soccer, frisbee, pass, catch, and other things. But the funniest thing was when Eddie and his twin sister Elizabeth kept beating each other up. But it was funny because they were laughing the whole time even if they got punched or kicked! So camp was awesome. I'm going for another four weeks, but now in a row. Oh ya my group B4 won All Camp. This week it was a giant game of Clue! And we just guessed in the end and won! So I can't wait for the next four upcoming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks a bunch for commenting on my blog! PLEASE follow, I know you won't regret it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails