Today was one of the best days ever! But not the best (just to state). So in the morning, while they were doing morning announces they said they would be extending homeroom for another five minutes because they were distributing yearbooks!!! I got really excited! This year they were wicked cool, unlike last year how they were just paper-backs. But this year they were hardcover because I'm now in Middle School. So through out the day we were all signing every ones' yearbooks. And also today we did these "chariot" races, and this pasta race. First we did the pasta race team 6-1 went first. So while they were doing that we were getting ready for team 6-2 to go. When they finished we got on the track. Oh wait I forgot to tell you how we even did the races! So everyone was spread around on the track with a straw. And one piece of pasta (tubular kind) per team. So we had to pass the pasta from straw to straw without touching it, until it got to the end. So back to the story,...so now we are on the track and all of a sudden I hear one of the teachers yell "...and they're off!" I like what, who said go? But I notice our class isn't anywhere near the rest of the teams, and then I said "I'm going to hurt the person who cost us the race." Then I see our pasta piece , next thing I know people are passing me! When my pasta piece is like 5 people behind! In the end we ended up losing. But next we did the chariot races. This time I'm made sure I watched my chariot the whole time! And to my surprise my class is neck and neck for first place,...then we gain a lead,...then lose it (sigh),...then we gain a huge lead (YAY!)and we are flying then it gets to me and I fly to the next person, after a short time I see our chariot on its last leg. Wait what's this?! The other team who we were neck and neck with before are catching up! Then I see what seem to by a tie, but when I went over I found out it was a photo finish,...WE WON!!! That means we are moving to the finals! So between the semi-finals and the finals. Everyone just hung with their friends, me and a couple other people were sitting on the turf. Then I said I need a tan, so we all just lied down here and got a tan (not really). Then we got in our places for the finals. I was moved to the spot where I was the running the home-stretch! So when the chariot gets to me we are ahead a good 10-15 seconds from the other team. And so I run to the finish line and realize we just won! But then when the other people get to the finish line their teacher is like remember you have to go another stretch. And we're like what? Since when do we do that?! So the other team supposingly "won". But the other teacher made that up so the other team would win. So in the end we won the finals!!! Then in the end of the day, we just went around in other classed to get signatures. So in the end the day ended GREAT!!!
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
Yearbooks, Chariots, and Pasta!
Today was one of the best days ever! But not the best (just to state). So in the morning, while they were doing morning announces they said they would be extending homeroom for another five minutes because they were distributing yearbooks!!! I got really excited! This year they were wicked cool, unlike last year how they were just paper-backs. But this year they were hardcover because I'm now in Middle School. So through out the day we were all signing every ones' yearbooks. And also today we did these "chariot" races, and this pasta race. First we did the pasta race team 6-1 went first. So while they were doing that we were getting ready for team 6-2 to go. When they finished we got on the track. Oh wait I forgot to tell you how we even did the races! So everyone was spread around on the track with a straw. And one piece of pasta (tubular kind) per team. So we had to pass the pasta from straw to straw without touching it, until it got to the end. So back to the story,...so now we are on the track and all of a sudden I hear one of the teachers yell "...and they're off!" I like what, who said go? But I notice our class isn't anywhere near the rest of the teams, and then I said "I'm going to hurt the person who cost us the race." Then I see our pasta piece , next thing I know people are passing me! When my pasta piece is like 5 people behind! In the end we ended up losing. But next we did the chariot races. This time I'm made sure I watched my chariot the whole time! And to my surprise my class is neck and neck for first place,...then we gain a lead,...then lose it (sigh),...then we gain a huge lead (YAY!)and we are flying then it gets to me and I fly to the next person, after a short time I see our chariot on its last leg. Wait what's this?! The other team who we were neck and neck with before are catching up! Then I see what seem to by a tie, but when I went over I found out it was a photo finish,...WE WON!!! That means we are moving to the finals! So between the semi-finals and the finals. Everyone just hung with their friends, me and a couple other people were sitting on the turf. Then I said I need a tan, so we all just lied down here and got a tan (not really). Then we got in our places for the finals. I was moved to the spot where I was the running the home-stretch! So when the chariot gets to me we are ahead a good 10-15 seconds from the other team. And so I run to the finish line and realize we just won! But then when the other people get to the finish line their teacher is like remember you have to go another stretch. And we're like what? Since when do we do that?! So the other team supposingly "won". But the other teacher made that up so the other team would win. So in the end we won the finals!!! Then in the end of the day, we just went around in other classed to get signatures. So in the end the day ended GREAT!!!
Labels:
School Related
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

you had yearbooks in elementary school?!!?!? lucky!!! we never did!!!
ReplyDeleteya they started with us hahahahahahahahahaha looks like we were more special
ReplyDelete