Today was Father's Day. So when I woke up in the morning I got up and made a humongous omelet for my step-dad. After awhile It gets to 8:30am and I'm like oh my god my dad is coming in an hour and I still haven't wrapped his present or made his card! So I go on the computer open up word doc. and make somewhat of a card. So I print it out and write a nice message inside. So then I wrap his gift which is my stained glass project that I made in math class. Just as I bring the present and the card downstairs I see him pulling up my driveway. I just made it. I was all set and dressed in my running clothes because me and my dad were running the Father's Day 5K (3.1 miles). When we got to the middle school we realized that we were an hour early. But the time went by extremely fast. Before I knew it we were walking up the road to the start line! Then we reach the top and socialize with our friends also running. The the words "Runners, on your mark, get set, GO!" get said and we are off!!! We pass a ton of people in the beginning. So me, my dad, Zach, and his dad are all running together at a 8:22 pace which is awesome for a 5K. The run goes by pretty fast. Soon enough me and my dad run around the corner (alone) towards the finish line. I end up beating my dad just by a second or two. I know, I know you're probably thinking why didn't I let my dad beat me, it's Father's Day!!! But hey oh well. So when the standings go up I realize I come in 32nd over all out of 72 people. And 3rd for my age group. A 17 and 18 year old beat me. So they announce the awards and I get a medal!!! YAY!!! Then they do a raffle. And my dad wins a 20$ gift certificate to Olive Garden!!! So we both won something. We go back to my dad's house and get all washed up before going over my dad's fiancées parent's house. So now we are on our way to her parent's house, and went we get there we start eating!!! I had pasta, pulled pork, blueberry tart, and a slice of cake. YUM YUM YUM!!! Then we open presents, nothing really that pleased me but the scratch tickets. It's now later on and we are heading on home to my dad's house. When we get there we sit on our porch and my dad is watching the end of the Red Sox game, while scratching his scratch tickets he won 10$ on one card out of the five. Then he opens the cards and presents from me, his fiancée, and my sister (oh ya if you're wondering why she's not here is because she's at my mom's because she has strep throat). He liked everything. Including another Father's Day scratch ticket, and so he has no wins so far on the ticket then on his last one he wins 10,000$!!!! Just joking!!!! He wishes, he only won 4$. So in total of the scratch ticket winnings he won 14$ That's pretty good for only the two tickets he won on. So the time goes on and we have dinner. Soon enough it's time to go. So he brings me back to my mom's. So today was wickedly awesome. I couldn't have asked for anything better!!! But tomorrow is Camp ____________. Ugh, oh do I hate swimming in that water! Everything else is fine I just done like swimming in that lake water!!! Well I have to to get my wrist band saying I passed my test. So tune into tomorrow for Camp Yicky Water: The Torture of the WATER!
(picture coming soon!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks a bunch for commenting on my blog! PLEASE follow, I know you won't regret it!