Sunday, January 3, 2010

Is That FISH or SOAP?!

The hour strikes 4, 30 vexatious minutes go by, until Aaron and his dad pull up my long tortuous driveway, to go to the Celtics game. I go out my garage, and jump into his car. Before I know it we are at Aaron's dad's friend's house, to go in his car. So I'm sitting in the car, and what do I hear, a low muffled voice? "Yeah, I found this fish in my car from like a week ago, and now my car smells like fish." Yeah, I know, I had the same reaction too. I wasn't so sure at first in going into his car. I slowly meander to the car door. I penatrate this wall of putred dead fish smell, and enter the swarm of disgust. The guy said sorry, I forgave him. We eventually get on the road, but when we entered the on-ramp two cars in front of us was really, really slow. I was about to go insane. Finally we get on the actual highway. Then Aaron's like, "Is that mum in front of us?" We soon find out it is. We zoom by, recalcitrant of the rules of the road. Going down the highway, I look at each and every detail, and one of these big message boards says word for word,"Ice and Snow, take it Slow." I started laughing, but not out loud. I mean, c'mon a poem on the highway? To To reduce the "fish smell" we open the windows, so Aaron's dad's friend says, "Is anyone cold?" I reply,"I don't get cold." I'm serious I don't. After a long, strenuous ride of small talk, and DS's (& a DSi), we arrive in Boston, my favorite city in North America (so far). Knowing that the cloud-dappled sky in the beginning of the day wasn't going to be with us, I brought my winter coat, don't get me wrong there's snow so I would've worn it anyways. We park in the parking garage, and head downstairs. We get on the streets, and man is it windy, really windy. We walk through the slush laden streets, and enter the TD Bank Garden. I don't what the point of going in there was. But, soon after we cross the crazy Boston streets, and enter "4 Boston", I believe that was it's name. We get something to eat there, but we didn't eat until, let's see, 30 minutes before the game, and when did we get there? Let's see, before six o'clock. That was a little annoying. So we eat with ten minutes to spare. We "run" across the busy streets of Boston once again. We head through the wind tunnel (between the Garden and another building), and enter the building. We head up 3 escalators, or was it two, I forget. So we enter our, box seats (say that slowly, it's how I imagined it). They were awesome. We were Level 5 Suite 523. They had food, drinks, everything. We took a good look trying to soak in the maybe once in a lifetime experience. I find myself with a Coke in my hand, and sitting in the first row of the "balcony" if I may say that. Before I know it the game has started. I was neck and neck going back and forth until the Celtics maintained their 10pt. lead at around 48pts.. Throughout the game was interesting. There was this guy, named John I believe. How do I put it, well, he wasn't really one of the wanted guys. Subjected to this epitome, I too would scrambling, around to make everyone happy, trying to "fit in". But he wasn't succeeding, in his attempt. During intermission between quarters, I see on the board," If Celtics score 100pts. your ticket equals a 5$ cash card to Modell's (sporting goods). I believe in the same intermission a small kid, black (not being racist), was dancing to Michael Jackson, he was pretty good. Then these two big blondes, come along and interupt his dancing, so they put the JumboTron onto them and everyone boos and then the put it on the kid dancing and everyone goes into an uproar of cheers. Aaron tries to tell me that this guys is doing flips, I doubt him, but sure enough a guy, was indeed doing flips. It took me almost the whole game to realize that this guy was Lucky the Leprechaun, the Celtics mascot. Time elapses, and during the 4th quater the dessert cart comes by. I get this Oreo cake thing. It was really good. Aaron got a Celtics cookie, he ate half, and didn't want the rest. This didn't help to Aaron's sugar rush of 3 sodas. Then I tell him these kids in the box next to us are staring at us. So Aaron being Aaron, gives them the I'm watching you hand motion. I don't know why he can't just ignore them. Eventually the one of the girls flips him off. That showed him. Soon the score was in the nineties. So close to the at 5$ cash card. With only less than two minutes left I had my doubts. But then, the ball is swiftly thrown through air, and,.....swish, they have done it! 100pts, our tickets are all now 5$!!! At this point we all know the Celtics are going to win. And they do 103-96, the Celtics broke their 3 game losing streak, without KG, Pierce, and Rondo. So far every major league game I have gone to (baseball, basketball), they have won. We wrap everything up, and leave the stadium. So we are standing outside, watching these "bucket drummers" they weren't bad, but not great. The wind is now: really crazy. So we are going directly against the wind, and I can barely move it's so strong. We finally get to the car, and penatrate the wall of putred fish again. I kind of grew fond of it, sort of but not really. Another long, boring, dull, car ride it was. Nothing funny, or exciting. Eventually we get to the guy's house and enter Aaron's dad's car. And they drive me home. I didn't get home until around 11:40. And this is the true story, nothing but the truth.

2 comments:

  1. How can you not notice a FISH in your CAR??? It's not like fish just randomly decide to hitch a ride in whatever car happens to be passing by! That is BAD hygiene. BAD, BAD, BAD!
    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really Jon, you have time to write ALL OF THIS but you dont have time to get your girlfriend a present!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bunch for commenting on my blog! PLEASE follow, I know you won't regret it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails