Saturday, January 23, 2010

Pickle Hunt!

Hello everyone! It's Friday as everyone knows.As I sit here licking my lips from the rib I just ate, and the four choc. chip walnut cookies I made yesterday. I ponder what my day was like. But the only thing that is flowing through my vast mind is the lyrics to my favorite techno songs. But as I think back i 'm not quite sure whether or not to call this day a good or a bad one. I gues like anything else it has it's pros and cons. My day started out with mgetting out of bed late, getting on the bus, and cranking up my i-pod if you're curious. But I ariveat school and I'm bored out of my mind, I say to my locker neighbor,"Something bad is going to happen today that is going to ruin this Friday, I don't know what but something is." he shot at me a puzzled look as if I was right. I enter my homeroom then my content seminar class. I'm sitting ther doing my project, that is due....today. When my teacher say's go to Mr.--- confidential purposes. So what's that? I don't finish my project that is due today?! Oh well. Oh well?! Thankfully he didn't ask for the project so I have the weekend to work on it. Later on I'm in science, yes science, the most boring subject to me, when he talks about his dogs eyes, and other useless information to me. But I felt really really dumb today I don't know why, but when he or someone said something, it went through one ear and went out the other. Then period dragged on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on. Eventually ended and I was in math, that passed by rather quickly. Then I entered, E-L-A. Possibly the weirdest ELA class I have ever been in. It all starts out with us cutting out our coat of arms, and gluing them onto a sheet of paper. Eventually we are presenting our coat of arms when someone starts a conversation, that turns into a conversation about pickles on a Christmas tree. So we are talking abut this German tradition of how the parents hide the pickle somewhere in the Christmas Tree, and the next morning the first one to find it, gets good luck for the next year. So we are talking and talking when someone shouts out,"Wait! Who's pickle?!" Everyone, and when I say everyone I mean everyone starts laughing, until the teacher silences us. The restof the day goes well. But who knew? That people put pickles on trees, who's crazy idea was that? Hmm, I guess you really do learn something everyday!

3 comments:

  1. Haha Jon that was about the best ELA class i have every had she always rolls her eyes at me when i am being my usuall WEIRD SELF. I cant believe (you know who) shouted WHO'S PICKLE....I wish everyday waas like that....

    ReplyDelete
  2. That strange pickle ornament on my Christmas tree must be related (however indirectly) to that odd tradition. It says "Humarock" on it. I thought it was just an ugly stocking. Last I checked though, I wasn't German...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I make lots of pickles every year but I never thought of hanging one on the Christmas tree. I'll have to try it next year.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bunch for commenting on my blog! PLEASE follow, I know you won't regret it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails