Sunday, January 24, 2010

Place of the Week!


Hi everyone! Good morning, to a bright and shining day. I know it's Sunday, and Sunday is not a fun day for me. My imagination is subtle, on Sunday, but I have said all of this before I know I have. But, back to what I am here to say, the Place of the Week. Last week's winner was as you all know Ollantaytambo, Peru. One of the Incan sub-hubs before the invasion of the spanish conquistadors. But, that was last week, now onto this week's winner. I decided to do something I haven't done in awhile. Pick a winner form North America. The first and only winner from NA was Long Bay, Antigua and Barbuda. Now there is going to be a second. And this place is,...........Qaanaaq, Greenland. Though not a country, but an autonomous province of Denmark, still has it's form of independence, it's just like the U.S.A. and Guam, American Samoa, Northern Mariana Islands, Marshall Islands, Puerto Rico, Midway Island, Johnson Atoll, US Virgin Islands, Kingman Reef, Palmayra Atoll, Jarvis Island, Baker Island, Howmand Island, Wake Island, and Navassa Island. I'm not quite sure why I chose Qaanaaq, but I just knew I was going to pick it. I don't have much to say about this one little place nestled in the North West side of Greenland. Until next time, sayonara!

1 comment:

  1. You did that on purpose, didn't you? Two "A"'s in a row? That's low. And not only that, but TWO sets of TWO "A"'s.
    On the plus side however, Qaanaaq IS a palindrome. So I guess I can live with it.
    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bunch for commenting on my blog! PLEASE follow, I know you won't regret it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails