Tuesday, June 1, 2010
Happy Memorial Day?
Umm, I think we are past Memorial Day Jon. Mhm, right. What the heck! HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY EVERYONE (even if it is late notice)! How was your delightfully long weekend? Oh, thanks for asking mine was great too. On Memorial Day itself I went canoeing! I went with my Dad, Trina, and Lizzie. We boarding our four person canoe at South Bridge Boat House (not far yonder the Old North Bridge). Off we went. I was put on the floor of the boat and let me tell you, fat chance I was ever giong to wear my life preserver, haha don't worry I can swim perfectly well. So instead of wearing I sat on it as a cushion. A short while after ducks appear just beyond the curve of the river. We quickly grab the extra bread and huck it at them. I think they very much so enjoyed the special treat, that I'm sure they get every day. We managed to feed little ducks and geese and their goslings. The baby geese were so fluffy (like POOF fluffy). A half an hour later we arrived at the famed Old North Bridge, where the major Concord-Lexington War was faught against the British (obviously we won). Munching on our lunch and other goodies we rode our canoe ashore and hopped out for a stretch. Boy were my legs all sore when I stepped out. Eventually we got back in and rowwed our way back upstream towards the dock house. Before we knew it we were back. Just before we were visible to them we all slipped on our life vests (haha). Sadly our adventure was over, but the fun was far from over. After canoeing we headed over to Trina's parents house for a cookout; where I stuffed my face with a pulled-pork sandwich, cheeseburger, lemonade, M&M's, strawberries with chocolate, and to top it all off, cake with ice cream atop of it. Don't forget I had had lunch not that long ago. I was stuffed to the brim. I sear I put one more mouthful of something in my mouth and I was going to explode. The day wrapped up and a big sha-bam, and a bunch of smiles. I know I had a great Memorial Day, did you?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Have you not heard about the Kookaburra that was attacked by dogs because too many people fed it sausages? It weighs forty percent more than it's supposed to! Read all about it in The Jitterbug, Period 6's AOA newspaper.
ReplyDeleteDucks/geese- STAY ABOVE THE INFLUENCE!