Today was a bad day for me, trust me a really bad day. But in my effort to palliate this day, I decided to express everything that came to my mind. So not all that long ago I was curious as to list all the Mass. state icons. So, here they are:
State:........
Motto: By the sword we seek peace, but peace only under liberty
Nickname: Bay Sate; Baked Bean State
Flower: Mayflower
Song: All Hail to Massachusetts
Bean: Baked Navy Bean
Berry/Fruit: Cranberry
Cookie: Chocolate Chip
Dessert: Boston Cream
Donut (spelled New England style): Boston Cream*
Sandwich: Fluffernutter (recently added)
Bird: Chickadee
Marine Animal: Right Whale*
Horse: Morgan Horse*
Dog: Boston Terrier
Cat: Tabby Cat*
Fish: Cod
Reptile: Gartner Snake
Game Bird: Turkey*
Insect: Ladybug*
Tree: American Elm
Rock: Roxbury Puddingstone (conglomerate)*
Mineral: Babingtonite*
Muffin: Corn Muffin*
Chowder: Clam Chowder
Shell: New England Neptune*
Fossil: Theropod Tracks*
Soil: Paxton*
Gem: Rhodonite*
Folk Hero: Johnny Appleseed*
Folk Dance: Square Dance*
Heroine: Deborah Samson*
Beverage: Cranberry Juice
And that's all I could find,....really I'm getting board.
*ones I did not know
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU FOR MAKING ME A BLOG! YOU ROCK! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete~SARAH (THE REAL ANONYMOUS)