Part Two: Even better than the first,....way better.
Well let me see, where did I leave you guys hanging? Oh yeah! Wednesday, one of the best days of the year, by far. It didn't start on Wed. until the afternoon. I get home, and I get changed into a white button down shirt, and black pants. Not long after my dad drives up the driveway (notice how I said "up", I have a wicked long driveway), and we (my sis and I) hop in. For a quick and easy meal we stop at Applebee's of Nashua. I had the Ultimate Trio, what I always get, hot boneless buffalo wings, mozzarella sticks, and mini sliders. Ohhhh so good. Then it was off to Barnes&Nobles. A bookstore and internet cafe. When I opened and entered the doors, I figured I was the first one there, great, who wants to be the first one there? Then I look around and see others, a sigh of relief. Then everyone comes. I make my way to the front of the store, where the huddle of singers are. For some reason we are near the table labled "Weird, Wacky, and Random", or something like that. So we are reading snippets of all the books when until, everyone spreads out into smaller groups, and then wanders the store. Me and a couple of my friends go to the back of the store to the music section. So we are listening to music and all, then one of my friends say, why don't we go back, we could be singing now. And sure enough when we get to the cafe(where we are singing) the rest of everyone were lined up to sing, so we grabbed scarves, and a folder with our songs, and joined in. In a matter of seconds we started singing. I thought we were pretty good. Then we were free to go off and read, listen to music, eat, or drink. Me, being me go to the counter and order a peppermint hot cocoa. But before I do, I remember that I have to give them my name. So I don't really want to so when I ordered and they asked me for my name, without thinking I said,"Kyle." I don't know why that name came into my head, but it did. So I get my drink and tell everyone, hey look my name is now Kyle. And they're like I'm doing that. I set a chain reaction off, someone did Kendall, someone did Justin, I don't know 'bout anyone else. So we sing a couple more times more. Then inbetween one of our breaks. Some of us hosted the 2009 Weirdest Book Title competition. Last year's winner was "101 ways to make your dog more jewish." Supposingly there was one last year, that I was not part of. Oh well. This year was different, I'm going to take part. So we split into groups and set off. My group consisted of 3 people, including me. Our goal, simple,...to win. We passed other groups, found good books, but then there were those books that gave you the feeling, "this is the one". So after a good ten minutes we all head back. We were only allowed ot enter one of our numerous books. So, we face the prelims and make it. Curious as to see what the books were that made it, I stick right behind the 2 judges(other theatre kids). Next was the pre-semis, our book,...made it! Next was the semi-finals, now the judges wanted privacy in the next rounds. So we all went away. Well, most of us. I'm watching them. We made it past the semis and now it was the finals, four books left, one of which is ours. So I'm watching, and it gets down to two, then all of a suddon the judges announce the winners, it was us!!! I was so happy! Now I have bragging rights and I don't have to put our books back! Then we sing one more final time and then I bought a red velvet cupcake, and Fiji water. Sadly, after I was done we had to go. And that was that, my night of awesomeness.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

What was the name of your winning book? I can't think of anything much weirder than "101 Ways to Make Your Dog More Jewish". That sounds pretty out there. I might have to buy it...
ReplyDelete